From June 20th to 29th 2013, Goethe Insitut in Indonesia held German Cinema Film Festival. It was a festival screening many German films in several cities in Indonesia, one of them was Jakarta. They were screened at two places: Blitzmegaplex Grand Indonesia and Blitzmegaplex Pacific Place. All the tickets were free and were given an hour before the screening. The tickets were “sold out” pretty quickly, but I was quite lucky to have got 7 films to watch in this festival. They were:
- Dreileben 1, Dreileben 2, Dreileben 3 from the Dreileben Project; these movies were about a convicted sex offender who escaped from police detention seen from three different points of view.
- Halt Auf Freier Strecke: a movie about a man’s and his family’s struggle when he was diagnosed with malignant tumor on his brain.
- Vergiss Mein Nicht: a movie about a woman who had Alzheimer and her family who cared about her.
- Die Brücke Am Ibar: a movie about a Serbian woman giving shelter to an Albanian man when he was wounded during the war between the two countries.
- Der Verdingbub: a movie about a boy who was sold as a cheap labor in a farm, abused by the farm owners, and had a dream of becoming an accordion player.